Employees' State Insurance (abbreviated as ESI) is a self-financing social security and health insurance scheme for Indian workers. This fund is managed by the Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) according to rules and regulations stipulated there in the ESI Act 1948.
For all employees earning ₹21,000 or less per month as wages, the employer contributes 4.75 percent and employee contributes 1.75 percent, total share 6.5 percent. The employees registered under the scheme are entitled to medical treatment for themselves and their dependents, unemployment cash benefit in certain contingencies and maternity benefit in case of women employees. In case of employment-related disablement or death, there is provision for a disablement benefit and a family pension respectively.
To be submitted by Proprietor / Partners / Directors
- Scanned copy of PAN Card
- Scanned copy of Voter's ID/Passport/Driver's License/Aadhar Card
- List of Employee Details (Format attached)
For Business Concern
- Pan Card copy of Firm / LLP / Private Limited
- MOA, AOA & Incorporation Certificate of Company
- Partnership Deed or LLP Agreement
For the Registered Office
- Scanned copy of Notarised Rental Agreement
- Scanned copy of Sale Deed/Property Deed in English (in case of owned property)
- Scanned copy of Electricity or Property Tax Receipt
ESI Registration for Employers having more than 10 employees. The Employer must contribute 4.75% of the Employees wages towards ESI. Once, registered the organization is allotted a 17 digit unique identification code.
ESI Payment Due Date
ESI Contributions must be paid by the employer within 21 days of the last day of the calendar month in which the contribution is due.
Employee's State Insurance Corporation(ESI) is a self-ESI provides employees registered the scheme with a host of medical and sickness benefits. Employees registered under the scheme can avail medical facilities and are also entitled for sick pay benefits.