Importer Exporter Code
Import Export (IE) Code is a registration required for persons engaged in importing or exporting of goods and /or services from India. IE Code is 10 digit number issued by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT), Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Government of India.
It is also known as Import Export License
IEC code is allotted only once and it is valid for lifetime. It is like a PAN card, which is allotted once and the same is valid for lifetime.
- PAN Card copy of Proprietor / Partners / Directors
- Address Proof (Voter's ID/Passport/Driver's License/Aadhar Card) of Proprietor / Partners / Director
- PAN Card copy of Firm / LLP / Company
- Passport Size photo copy of Proprietor / Partners / Directors
- Cancelled Cheque Leaf / Bank Certificate of Current Account
- All importers who import goods are required to register Import export code and all exporters need this code to obtain the benefits of exports.
- IEC code holder does not require filing of any returns.
- IEC Code is issued for lifetime and requires no renewal
- Even individuals who are proprietors can obtain the code in their name.It is not necessary to setup a business for the same.